Are You Having a Camping Hammock at Home?
If Not, Here Are 2 Reasons, ofcourse by Besty Hammock, Why You Need One Right Now
FIRST, It’s multi-functional.
A camping hammock can easily be your resting spot in the backyard while doubling as a protective and comfortable gear in the woods.
SECOND, a hammock is the best friend of all campers.
Save up more space with a portable and lightweight bag. It’s much lighter and more convenient than carrying a tent into the woods!
Ask Yourself These 7 Questions before Buying a Hammock
“How Much Do I Want to Pay?”
- The most common price range is $30 – $80 for a high-quality, nice-looking and portable hammock.
- The cheapest ones come as low as $20, while the premium models cost $250.
- Hennessy Hammocks, the most expensive brands on the market, takes only a fraction of a traditional camping tent’s size.
- A high-quality hammock is always a better investment compared to cheap models that won’t last.
“How Much Does It Weigh?”
- Ultra-lightweight hammocks are always a better option either at home or on the campsite.
- If you’re a frequent camper or backpacker, a lightweight hammock is ideal for carrying it over long distances on foot.
- If you’re mostly car camping or hiking nearby, choose a heavier-duty hammock since portability wouldn’t be much of a concern.
- The lighter your hammock is, the easier you can pack it down into a bag.
“How Big Do I Want It to Be?”
- A wider and longer hammock is more comfortable for overnight camping, especially for two people.
- The advantage of choosing a larger hammock helps to straighten your body during the sleep, instead of curling up that could cause body ache.
- You have more space to wiggle around and fully wrap yourself in a sleep.
- Pick a smaller hammock for a day-use sitting or lounging in the backyard, and a large one for a night camping trip.
- Double hammocks are available for two people to fit in, but we advise you to get this one even just for yourself!
“What Type of Materials Do I Like to Sleep on?”
- Protecting yourself against UV and harsh weather conditions is what you want in a good camping hammock.
- Parachute nylon and polyester are the preferred materials that the best hammocks on the market are made of.
- These materials are durable and long-lasting, which is an ideal factor for an outdoor overnight trip.
“What Is the Most Trusted Source Online to Buy?”
Amazon.com and Backcountry.com are both highly-rated and trusted by millions of customers worldwide based on real-user reviews and transparent policies.
“What is the Warranty?”
- A 2-year warranty is the industry standard offered by most camping hammock brands. Stay away from those brands that offer less.
- The best products in the world such as Serac Classic Camping Hammock and Serac Sequoia XL Wide Double Hammock offer a 5-year warranty.
“What Types of Camping Hammocks Am I Looking for?”
- One person.
- Backyard lounging.
- Short-day camping trips.
Best Models in This Range:
- Eagles Nest Outfitters SingleNest Hammock
- Serac Classic Camping Hammock
- Grand Trunk Single Hammock.
- 2 persons, a plus-sized individual or 1 person preferring more space.
- More suitable for 2 people chilling in rather than sleeping overnight.
- Long-day camping trip.
- Tailored to bear higher weight, which is useful for larger users.
Best Models in This Range:
- Eagles Nest Outfitters DoubleNest
- Serac Sequoia XL Wide Double Hammock
- Grand Trunk Double Hammock.
- Professional campers or serious hikers in extreme weather.
- Constructed in high-quality materials.
- Attached with extra gears such as a rain fly, bug net, or guy-lines to protect yourself from harsh weather.
Best Models in This Range:
- Grand Trunk Ultralight
- Grand Trunk Nano
- Eagles Nest Outfitters ProNest Hammock.
5 Best Camping Hammocks to Buy in 2020
ENO DoubleNest Hammock – The Most Functional Hammock
Capacity: 400 lb. | Weight: 1 lb. 3 oz. | Dimensions: 9 ft. x 6 ft. 6 in.
- One-time investment! This multi-functional hammock is perfect for all occasions: park, trails and campground.
- Compact within seconds and carry it anywhere you want.
- More space for two! One strong hammock fits two campers PLUS an expansive bed for one.
- More space for your stuff with an attached compression sack.
“Spent four weeks at the National Training Center in California. Spent almost every night on this thing. Most comfortable sleep I’ve ever gotten when sleeping outdoors. I still have this hammock and it is still going strong. Probably one of the best outdoor investments I’ve made. It’s my go-to item when sleeping outdoors.”
“I’ve used this hammock for over years. No rips, tears, or structural flaws. I’ve had 2 full grown adults in it with no issues. The atlas straps are very convenient for quickly and safely hanging.”
Everest Double Camping Hammock with Mosquito Net – Best Value
Capacity: 400 lb. | Weight: 2 lbs. 15.2 oz. | Dimensions: 10 ft. x 6 ft.
- Get rid of forest insects with a built-in bug net and straps.
- Keep your gears intact with an interior loop.
- Support your weight and keep you suspended with a ridgeline.
- Looking for a way to hang unrestricted? Feel free to flip the hammock over! All set!
“Great Buy for the price. I took this unit on a 4-day mountain bike camp trip in Copper Harbor, MI. I am 6’1 200lbs and this hammock was more than big enough. Hammock performed great, setup is a joke and it’s actually quite comfortable”.
_ Brian Masters
“Seriously this hammock is everything I wanted and more. I probably searched 30 to 40 different hammocks trying to find the right one that was both large enough, light enough, came with good carabiners/tree straps and had a strong warranty behind it. This hammock not only met but exceeded all of those requirements.”
Warbonnet Outdoors Blackbird XLC – For Professional Campers
Capacity: 350 lb. | Weight: 1 lb. 5.75 oz. | Dimensions: 11 ft. x 5 ft. 2 in.
- Easy to sprawl out or curl up while lying flat in an asymmetrical design.
- Get a better comfort with a foot-box.
- Winter’s coming? Rest assured with a winter top. Ideal product for an all-year-round camping trip!
“Great hammock and a very good price point. No way I could let this one get away.”
“I did my homework and decided to make my first hammock a BLACKBIRD XLC – I’m impressed! Still in a learning curve. but once “plopped” in and situate. It’s SOOO relaxing.”
Hennessy Hammock Explorer Ultralite Zip XL – All-in-One Hammock with Full System
Capacity: 250 lb. | Weight: 2 lb. 7 oz. | Dimensions: 11 ft. x 4 ft. 11 in.
- Take your night in the woods easy with a comfortable, lightweight and well-built modern hammock.
- Rainfall? No problem! Bug net with nylon fly made of silicone and polyurethane is highly water resistant.
- Lie flat in an asymmetrical-designed hammock.
- Keep more stuff with a large mesh pocket.
- Only old-century trees around? Solve this problem with spectra suspension ropes and wide tree straps.
“I have tried a friend’s Hennessy hammock before, and I knew it was great quality, but until I had one of my own to play around with, I had no idea it was THIS great. Hennessy leaves nothing to be desired– they really have thought of everything.”
REI Co-op Quarter Dome Air Hammock – Great for Beginners
Capacity: 250 lb. | Weight: 3 lb. 8 oz. | Dimensions: 6 ft. 9 in. x 1 ft. 11 in.
- Flat-base design PLUS two spreader bars.
- Avoid insects with bugnet and straps.
- Store more belongings with mesh pockets inside out and four loops for storing your stuff.
“Overall it’s a nice all-in-one system from a well-known vendor so it’s not a bad choice for the timid newbie to dip their toes into hammock camping.”
“After testing this is the backyard for a few nights, I immediately purchased another one for myself. This one fits my long body great with a few inches to spare. I’ve had some of the best sleep ever in this hammock.”