When you are packing your bag for a camping trip, the essentials usually include a tent, poles, and a pillow. Sounds like a lot to carry? What if all these things are replaced by one equipment? Yes, Camping Hammocks has made it possible. Travelers are switching from conventional tent to camping hammocks. Now, what are the benefits of using it over a tent? Before getting into this, let us understand what are camping hammocks.
What Are Camping Hammocks?
The hammock is basically a sling suspended between two or more fixed points used for sleeping and relaxing. It can be made from fabric, rope, or net. The material and configuration of a hammock depending on the weight it is designated to contain. Usually, hammocks are built to hold one or two people at a time, not more than that.
Benefits Of Using A Hammock Over A Tent
- Easy To Carry
To install a tent, you will require poles, which can increase the weight of your luggage while camping. On the other hand, hammocks can be suspended between two stable trees. To enhance the camping experience, few light-weighted additions are available with a hammock-like rain fly and mosquito netting.
- Offers Versatility
The hammock will offer you great versatility in terms of location. Be it near a waterfall, over a stream, on a hill, or even in your backyard. It will offer a comfortable experience at each place, which is not the case with a tent. A tent requires a dedicated space for installation.
- Condition Friendly
Adventure is the essence of camping. While camping, you are vulnerable to extreme weather conditions like rainfall or muddy ground. You might also encounter some wild creatures in the woods. Setting up a tent amidst such situations will give you an unpleasant experience. Apart from protecting you from wild animals, hammocks will provide you with a cover during heavy rain and muddy grounds.
- Easy Installation
When it comes to the installation of the hammock, it is easier to install than a tent. The hammock can be suspended between trees, rocks, and even car racks. It will hardly take two minutes to install a hammock for a long-lasting experience. After finding the perfect location, the tent may take an hour or so to install, which will shorten your adventurous journey.
Tips For A Better Experience Of Camping
Considering these benefits, there is no doubt that camping hammocks will provide you a comfortable experience. Although there are a few tips to consider for a better experience, let’s take you through some of them.
- Hammocks offer you two variants – Single hammock and a double hammock. It is essential to choose the most suitable variant according to the weight.
- Choose a hammock at least 2 feet longer than your height.
- The holding capacity of a hammock depends on the fabric quality of it. Pay extra attention while choosing the fabric of your hammock.
- Hammocks offer a wide variety of accessories. Accessories such as the suspension system, under-quilt, rain tarp, and bug net offer great help. These accessories may vary according to the camping location, providing better comfort.
- It becomes necessary to practice once or twice before using a hammock.
- Try a diagonal posture while relaxing, which will offer you extra cushion while sleeping.
- The experience in a hammock is colder than a tent. Therefore, do not forget to carry an extra blanket or warm sleeping bag.
These points will offer you a secure and comfortable camping experience with hammocks. Travelers are switching to camping hammocks considering the benefits it provides. The days of carrying heavy luggage while camping is over. It is time to focus more on the adventure and enjoy every moment of it.